Analyze your personal programming by Type, Modality, Duration, Reps, Load, and Scheme. This breakdown is modeled after the CrossFit Coach’s Prep Course. Use the analysis to identify potential unknown holes and biases in programming or for validation that things are going exactly as planned.
You can find programming analysis using the Modalities feature. Click into the side drawer menu, then again on Analyze. Modalities is one of the 6 Analyze options available to users. .
The top portion of the screen displays summary information for the workouts performed in the selected time period.
- Workouts – total workouts performed
- Benchmarks – total benchmark workouts (Girls) performed
- Repeated – total workouts repeated
- PRs – total personal records set
Breakdowns are giving for various programming characteristics. The number for each represents the number of workouts with that programming characteristic. For example, the first image below shows a total of 67 GW combo workouts (Gymnastics, Weightlifting) in the last year.
*Note: Programming characteristics parameters for Reps, Duration, and Load have been predetermined and set by btwb.
- Modality– the movement modality make-up of your logged workouts
- M, G, W, MG, MW, GW, MGW
- M: monostructural
- G: Gymnastics
- W: Weightlifting
- Scheme– the # of movements in your logged workouts
- Singlet: 1 movement, Couplet: 2 movements, Triplet: 3 movements, Chipper: 4+ movements
- Reps– the total # of combined reps in your logged workouts
- Low: <50 reps , Medium: 50<100 reps, High: >100 reps
- For example, Fran is a “Medium” repetition workout (90 total reps)
- Duration– the workout durations of your logged workouts
- Sprint: <5 min, Short: 5<10 min, Medium: 10<20 min, Long: >20 min
- *Determined by the avg completion for the workout using btwb data
- For example, Fran is a “Short” workout with an avg Rx’d completion time of 6-7 min
- Load– the loading of your logged workouts
- Light, Medium, Heavy
- *Determined by the specific movement(s) in the workout
- For example, the breakdown for workouts with a Deadlift movement is as follows:
- Light: <135 lbs
- Medium: 135<225 lbs
- Heavy: >225 lbs
- Type– the style/score type of your logged workouts
- Timed, AMRAP, Tabata, Total Reps
You can adjust the selected time period for the Programming Analysis screen via the drop-down menu at the top-right of the screen. Pre-set options include 1 year (default), 6 months, 3 months, and 12 days.
Head to the Analysis tab at the top of the page on the website view and select Programming from the drop down.
This heatmap will show you your individual workout trends, by month or by day. This will be available for Coaches to look at their Gym Programming as well. The numbers represent the number of WODs from that category during the time period. Higher numbers are a brighter Blue, giving you a visual idea of the balance of your programming.